Thursday, September 16, 2010

Purattasi 1 (This Day 2010 That Age 1999) :: Tenth Anniversary of Weekly Temple Trips

Purattasi 1 (This Day 2010 That Age 1999) :: Tenth Anniversary of Weekly Temple Trips


It was when just after graduation in 1999 that I had a dire hunger to achieve something. It was when in 1999 just after graduation that as a fresh grad I was looking out for a job. It was when in 1999 when there was a transition from a college grad to looking out to support my daily bread and butter. It was when in 1999 just I got the divine renaissance that a temple trip should be made more regular like Christians have a weekly and a more regular Sabbath. The divine blessing that seeded the divine thought of visiting Sri Parthasarathy temple every Saturday. And particularly on Purattasi saturdays I ensure a dawn to dusk fasting (again copied from Islam where they have a dawn-to-dusk fasting in the month of Ramadan)

With this fond memory I dedicate this post to the Lotus feet of the Lord. When challenged by situations where there is a business travel intervenes I ensure Lord visits me during this period.

No comments: