Friday, April 30, 2010
Whilst publishing my most recent post on 'Thiruvallikeni Garuda Seva 2010' I just observed a bug or rather an incompatibility issue with Google Blogger-Yahoo Video. Despite me adjusting the width and height to a significant extent you can find that it still hits against the borders of the blog area.
I think the service providers should ensure that their products are compatible and/or interoperable with peer service provider products' in any way. There can be competition but that should come in the way of destructive layout just like Yahoo Video does. If they would really need to compete against Google Blogger they should see that they bring out a more premier product with enhanced superior features than doing all these shortcuts.
Sincere thanks to Sri Parthasarathy* for sharing the video recorded through his personal camcorder of Sri Rukmini Sametha Parthasarathy in Thiru-Allikeni. The same has been shared along with this post for the benefit of pilgrims and devotees worldwide.
Interestingly whenever I travel away from Chennai I ensure and my Lord ensures that He travels with forthwith without any delay of any kind and without any demur of any sort. I fondly recall a Pasuram to this effect:
கணிகண்ணன் போகின்றான், காமரு பூங்கச்சி
மணிவண்ணா! நீ கிடக்கவேண்டா! துணிவுடைய
செந்நாப் புலவன் யானும் போகின்றேன் நீயுமுன்றன்
பைந்நாகப் பாய் சுருட்டிக் கொள்!
You can find the incident with the Azhwar that gave rise to this pasuram over here.
* There is something interesting with this mention of Parthasarathy. My friend who recorded this video is also called as Parthasarathy and the Lord's name in Thiruvallikeni is also Sri Parthasarathy. :)
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Oh My God! Does blogger have a time machine? I was able to travel in the future for a while with Blogger. A few of my posts I had to archive to back-dates to the context of the events in response to the feedback from the readers.
In the 'Post Options', I overlooked the year and it just left in the current year. As a result the post which I wanted to archive it to 2008 May was appearing as 2010 May. I was just wondering if Blogger was also having an innovative time machine to get the posts in the future.
I would needed to draft this as I closely would share this same plight otherwise. One of my friend is called 'Thamizh' (தமிழ்). From his tender days he had a nickname or a pseudoname of 'Ezhil' (எழில்), perhaps this can sound quite similar to our own story too. Interestingly when he got into his wedlock a few years back his spouse name coincided as 'Ezhil'. This 'Ezhil Tamil' had become now LegenDary. The sail was not smooth enough and the ship got caught and ran berserk because of their own private reasons. Including the 'flesh-and-blood' Ezhil and everyone were actually trying to run him down and mock for using the name of 'Ezhil' and charge umpteen number of allegations except me. I stood by him to defend him through his blazing cruises through the vibrant seas, since I understand the essence of pen name and how to view it seperately from 'mundane' presentations in the world.
With the current situation presenting them to stay aloof for a while, I encouraged him that he should not 'bury' his pet 'Ezhil'. After all that had travelled him for a long time. If the other mundane 'Ezhil' was to depart him in the middle it is her bad luck. Now he has started to participate in the various discussion forums and blogs using the standard name of 'Ezhil Tamil' (எழில் தமிழ்).
I just thought I would share a quick observation (as a bullet point) and a feeling about this 'Name Sharing':
- Just because the names are shared and are congruent/identical it does not mean one entity is going to superimpose on another or take the place and pride of another. This does apply as a directive to my own circles too, which I have clarified to her and she understood it too. Perhaps she complimented it by stating that if one entity is going to take the other it won't be a superimposition rather an eclipsing which is not going to travel any longer. I believe that has come true with 'Ezhil Tamil' case study.
Thursday, April 01, 2010
At least for talkers only without any need for savvy communication needs this is all the more befitting phone. But there are some things I don’t like in this phone:
- Too high and too much intrusive minute minder. There should be an option to disable it.
- Volume should be more controllable. At least when at workplace and controlled environments I should be able to moderately control it.
- Too much restrictive in GPRS/EDGE App downloads. Verizon-Samsung alias should be more flexible in allowing at least MP3 and other files. Not always I can have MMSing through my email option.
- At times when I access the media center I see an abrupt restart of the mobile for no reason.
Verizon customer care: Do they exist? *611 runs wild calls for long and then I would just encounter a message “Signal faded. Call was lost” – Hope ‘America’s largest and most reliable wire-free network makes something to make the users breathe worry-free’.