A few observations on Google Plus are:
- The biggest head-ache of Orkut and Facebook Spam-source 'Who visited your profile?' is not there at least till now. Good.
- Glad that Google Plus is a single sign-on participant so that I can switch between multiple Google Accounts with ease.
- Unlike the debutant voice chat of Facebook-Skype venture which works only on Windows, the hangout feature seems to be less resource-intensive and cross-platform too.
- Strong security lapse. Any one seems to be able to barge into your network. Facebook initiates a friend request and you need to confirm them before letting them in. This seems to be allowing the users directly. I admit that this is not a major problem since currently whatever is going is just a limited use field trial but I would have appreciated Google Plus team if they could have brought in security right at the kernel level.
- Lack of profile visibility controls like in Facebook.
These are a first few observations on Google Plus. Let me tour around more and keep updating this list.