Safety Tips for Girls
I got an PDF attachment carrying a number of tips and articles for the safety and security of girls/women. With gruesome incidents of rape and murder on girls like Prathiba Srikanth Murthy (Bangalore), Sarika (Chennai), it is a duty of us to ensure that the women fraternity breathe free from any evil forces acting on the society.
I just thought of sharing the tips with other readers too. Please feel free to forward the permalink URL to your friends too. Let us make the society a peaceful place to live upon.
1. Tip from Tae Kwon Do: The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do it!
2. If a robber asks for your handbag, do not hand it to him. Toss it away from you.... he is probably more interested in your handbag than you and he will go for the handbag. You may like to take to your heels immediately after tossing out the handbag.
3. If you are ever thrown into the boot of a car: Kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm through the hole and start waving. The driver won't see you but everybody else will. This has saved lives.
4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their cheque book, or making a list). DON'T DO THIS THIS! A predator could be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, and attack you. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR,
LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE.
5. A few notes about getting into your car in a car park:
A.) Be aware: look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side floor, and check the back seat.
B.) If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Most attackers surprise their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.
C.) Look at the car parked on the driver's side of your vehicle, and the passenger side. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the shop, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out. IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead.)
6. ALWAYS take the lift instead of the stairs. Stairwells are horrible places to be alone (and the perfect crime
7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; and even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN!
8. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP IT! It may get you raped, or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good good-looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked "for help" into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.
9. Another Safety Point: Someone just told me that her friend heard a crying baby on her porch the night before last, and she called the police because it was late and she thought it was weird. The police told her 'Whatever you do, DO NOT open the door." The lady then said that it sounded like the baby had crawled near a window, and she was worried that it would crawl to the street & get run over. The policeman said, "We already have a unit on the way, whatever you do, DO NOT open the door. "He told her that they think a serial killer has a baby's cry recorded and uses it to coax women out of their homes thinking that someone dropped off a baby. He said they have not verified it, but have had several calls by women saying that they hear babies' cries outside their doors when they're
home alone at night. Please pass this on and DO NOT open the door for a crying baby. I'd like you to forward this to all the women you know. It may save a life.
Source Courtesy: I sincerely thank Mohan Chandran for sharing the PDF with me and I also thank him for encouraging me to publish as HTML version over here as a little service to the society.