Tuesday, August 28, 2007

[Imported from Blogdrive]Yajur Upakarma Celebrations


Yajur Upakarma Celebrations
& nbsp;
The week seems to be filled with festive celebrations galore. We had Onam celebrations to start with and followed by religious observations like Yajur Upakarma ("Avani Avittam") and Gayatri Japam on the subsequent days. Just a week back, Deevalur N. V. Srinivasachariar also sent me the URLs of Yajur Upakarma material, which I had published in my Sri Vaishnava weblog also. The permalink is here.
& nbsp;
The Yajur Upakarma celebration also has another very significant celebration. It coincides with Raksha Bandhan which greatly praises and celebrates the divine relationship between brothers and sisters.
& nbsp;
Normally, I have the habit of observing the Yajur Upakarma in my home itself since I compile all the materials and we can do it more systematically without any hurry-burry. This time I had enough compilation of Yajur Upakarma materials that I could share with my colleagues too. Besides the regular Ahobilam.com Upakarma material which I have shared in my weblog also, I got a few from a trust in Adambakkam and the shop at Siva Vishnu temple. This comes besides the step-by-step instructions in the previous issue of Sri Nrisimha Priya. <!--
bd_ad_type = 'inline';
bd_ad_id = '88730';
//-->

 


         Posted at 12:24 pm by Deepak Kumar Vasudevan
 

 

 

 

  Original BlogDrive Post on Tuesday, August 28, 2007

No comments: