It is almost in any organization that the freaking middle management seems to be showcasing a kind of new doctrine called 'Managerial Atheism'. With my recent experiences and my colleague (Selvaraj's experience) besides a clip-review from a Tamil Movie ("Varuvan Manikantan"), I just thought I would compile all these thoughts into a single post as a moral review for other users to assess and understand about such people.
In more cases then one, I have also witnessed that whilst such creatures go way beyond in establishing their doctrine, they only succumb and crashing their goals and thus delaying the legitimate deliverables too. Would they ever care or dare to realise that? It is only time that can reliably answer this query.
- In the film "Varuvan Manikantan", there used to be a poor laborer working in the fields and farm house. Though he used to be very loyal to the employer, the rewards he used to gain was just paltry peanuts. Once it so happened that he wanted to take the pilgrimage to Sabarimala on the occasion of Makara Jothi and the dictator-type manager was intending to put a barricade by asking him to complete the farm harvests first before going on with his journey.
With great distress, when he was sleeping in his hut, the Lord took the form of the same employer and flagged him off the journey to Sabarimala and took his form to work in his farmhouse. When he returned back, things came to everyone's limelight that the Lord Himself had been working in the farmhouse for the sake of devotee which made the adamant and arrogant employer to realise his folly and repent for his bad things.
There are the following things to learn from the movie:
- The greatness of devotion and significantly the greatness of Lord Ayyappa. The background song of the movie remains as "Manikantan mahimai solli maalathu" (We can not tell-complete the entire greatness and valor of Lord Ayyappa)
- The greatness of Lord to even correct the atheists.
- The need for shedding our atheist doctrines and realise the greatness of Lord.
- In my latest trip to Sabarimala, I had mentioned about Selvaraj was not able to cope up with our latest schedules and had to again reschedule. That was again one of the middle management foul play. While the managing director of the organization from whom he had his contract was supporting him, the middle (intermediate) supervisory cadre (manager) was adamantly forcing him to complete the assignment first before taking any or other pilgrimage to Sabarimala giving lame excuses that his organization was running behind schedules in filing tax and other returns to government authorities.
- The another set of atheist, I had was from my previous organization. This bugger frequently had trouble with my regular Thursday Triplicane trip but I supported by my the then technical lead (Varadarajan) who himself used to go regularly. And God gave them a resilent reply too. The US headquarters have now decided to close down the shutters of the Chennai organization, with effect from June 2008.
Doctrines of atheisms are just not even for reading or thinking pleasure. Going against the supernatural powers of God can be disastrous. There isn't anything under the Sun which can operate without the will and wish of God. Hence let us shed our ego and other stupid things aside and ensure that we are truthful to our own conscience and to God. The New Year 2009 is around the corner. Let us take up a new year resolution to keep off such bad practices and keep off from such atheists and be truthful to our own self and to God, serving Him and to get His blessings for success in every quarter/every step of our life. Happy New Year 2009 to everyone!!