- Who is Anna Hazare?
An ex-army man. Fought 1965 Indo-Pak War
- What's so special about him? He built a village Ralegaon Siddhi in Ahamad Nagar district, Maharashtra So what?This village is a self-sustained model village. Energy is produced in the village itself from solar power, biofuel and wind mills. In 1975, it used to be a poverty clad village. Now it is one of the richest village in India. It has become a model for self-sustained, eco-friendly & harmonic village.
This guy, Anna Hazare was awarded Padma Bhushan and is a known figure for his social activities.
- Really, what is he fighting for? He is supporting a cause, the amendment of a law to curb corruption in India.
- How that can be possible? He is advocating for a Bil, The Lok Pal Bill (The Citizen Ombudsman Bill), that will form an autonomous authority who will make politicians (ministers), beurocrats (IAS/IPS) accountable for their deeds.
- It's an entirely new thing right..? In 1972, the bill was proposed by then Law minister Mr. Shanti Bhushan. Since then it has been neglected by the politicians and some are trying to change the bill to suit thier theft (corruption).
- Oh.. He is going on a hunger strike for that whole thing of passing a Bill ! How can that be possible in such a short span of time? The first thing he is asking for is: the government should come forward and announce that the bill is going to be passed. Next, they make a joint committee to DRAFT the LOK PAL BILL. 50% goverment participation and 50% public participation. Because you cant trust the government entirely for making such a bill which does not suit them.
- Fine, What will happen when this bill is passed? A LokPal will be appointed at the centre. He will have an autonomous charge, say like the Election Commission of India. In each and every state, Lokayukta will be appointed. The job is to bring all alleged party to trial in case of corruptions within 1 year. Within 2 years, the guilty will be punished. Not like, Bofors scam or Bhopal Gas Tragedy case, that has been going for last 25 years without any result.
- Is he alone? Who else is there in the fight with Anna Hazare?
- Baba Ramdev
- Ex. IPS Kiran Bedi
- Social Activist Swami Agnivesh
- RTI Activist Arvind Kejriwal
- Eminent Personalities like Aamir Khan
- Ok, got it. What can I do?
- Spread the message through Social Media
- Pray for his good health.
- Express your solidarity by registering here.
Ayyappa (48-day) Observation -- Rules and RestrictionsOne of my friend was suggesting me this -- "Why can not you put up some kind of blog post or an article summarizing the 48 day observation rules to be observed. Well. I had a small pocketbook and a couple of PDFs circulating in the emails.Most of the rules normally are hearsay from our elders to us. As my friend suggested, today since I was relatively free, just thought I would update it as bullet points, so that future Ayyappa Swamis can immensely benefit from the same.While my pocket books are in Tamil, I am attempting to compile the same in English. Should you find discrepancies, share your thoughts and observations as comments.Most of the rules and observationary regulations are purely for our own control and development -- to streamline our day-to-day chores.All round the work time, keep your mind only focused on the Lord. Even the work you do is being instrumented by the Lord. Dedicate the same to the Lord. Perhaps, Bh…