Friday, October 10, 2003

For men may come and men may go but I go on for ever ...

This was a few jottings I wrote sometime back and circulated to my friend fed up because of the amount of attrition that my team was witnessing. The email slowly leaked into my CEO's attention. I was afraid whether that is going to create trouble whereas Srinivas Thirunagari took it very positively for the affection I had for myorganization and he sponsored today's snack juice at Hotel Ashoka.

I come from Mississippi and St. Paul plains
I jump down through the timezones
I sparkle amongst the different rains and chains
To bicker down the Marina cones

By thirty months I hurry down Or Slip between various ridges
Till last by XP’s farm I flow To join the brimming bridges
For Men many come and Men May Go
But I go on forever.

I chatter over the stony ways of enraged customers,
I jump into hard days and babble with the pebble of depressions,
With many curves and twists I fret with many peaks and fallows
Sweety fairy projects and sour maintanence provides
I keep flowing towards the software river
For Men many come and Men May Go
But I go on forever.

People steal out to HCL and Infosys lawns,
I slide by hazel covers; I move the sweet forget-me-nots
That grow for happy lovers.
I slip, I slide, I gloom, I glance Among my skimming swallows,
I make the netted sunbeam dance Against my sandy shallows.
And out again I curve and flow To join the brimming river;
For men may come and men may go, But I go on forever.

[Adapted from 'The Brook' by Alfred Lord Tennyson]

No comments: