Saturday, December 31, 2005

Holy New Year Eve -- Trip to Temple


Holy New Year Eve

I observed this New Year Eve dedicated to the Lord. With the New Year Eve falling on the regular Saturday, the Triplicane trip remains undisturbed. Besides these, I was thinking of going to Melmaruvathur which is famous for Adhiparasakthi Temple (Siddhar Peetam).

One of my friend (Redhy Issac) was also willing to come and hence he joined me direct @Tambaram Railway Station. I had some work in a client's house since his desktop had some issues. I was attending to the issue and then moved towards Tambaram Station.

We picked up the bus to Thirukkoiloor, which reached Melmaruvathur in about an hour and a half through Chengalput and Madurantakam etc. The temple had a bit of crowd but then it was meticulously managed by them and hence we had darshan of the Lordess in just about 25 minutes.After touring around the place for a while and having some bite at the nearby restaurant, we came to the bus stand.

The return trip from Melmaruvathur is always an ordeal. Inspite of the fact, that all buses do stop, the push and pull among the passengers to catch a seat has some acute effect. We managed to get one seat in Chennai-bound SETC bus from Tiruchi and after a while, I got the seat in Chengalput. With brief wink of sleep in the bus, now blogging, I am starting off now to visit my weekly routine Triplicane. That celebrates the Holy New Year Eve celebration.

Then comes the welcoming of New Year 2006 with the friends in Camp Road. I also undertake this occasion, to greet my readers in the following way:

Wish you all a Happy Prosperous New Year 2006!

No comments: