Tips for Effective Use of Credit Cards
Credit Cards is indeed a very valuable resource. It can be rightly called as a double-edged sword, since it is as useful and powerful and if you misuse it, it is equally deadly. A few tips can make your credit card really serve you excellently.
- Report stolen cards to the Banking institution or the ViSA/Master Card Helpline (if travelling internationally) at an earliest.
- The card is yours. Only you are authorised to use it.
- Sign the card in the back panel, as soon as you recieve it.
- The PIN number used for Telephonic Query/ATM Query needs to be written down in your mind and not in papyrus (paper) products or somewhere else.
- Transact your Credit Card to reputed websites, with only good reputation and with proper SSL arrangments. The website should also not bother about storing your credit card info. For that matter, the card number should be keyed in at the payment gateway page.
- At ME(Merchant Establishments),
- Ensure that the card is yours after it is returned back from swiping.
- Ensure that the card is swiped only once. In case of suspicion, alert the banking institution at an earliest.
- Credit Card Billing
- Preserve your charge slips/Transaction slips till the Credit Card statement is delivered and cross check the same.
- Do not blindly pay the credit card bill. Certain credit card companies have the habit of pushing up the bill by unwanted debits like that insurance and this insurance which mostly would be unsolicited.