Scholarships for Meritorius Students
Of late, one of my friend was looking out for some educational loans in Canara Bank for the admissions to Engineering coming year. While we browsed the Internet and were flipping through the various weekly magazines, we came across this nice educational foundation, helping needy students.
I wanted to share this information to other readers too.
Sri M. Siva Ram Prasad
BREAD,401, Diamond House Adjacent to Amrutha Hills
BREAD stands for Basic Research Education and Development Society. If somebody of your colleague needs educational assistance, write to the above for a free application form and for further details.
Updated on 4th February 2006:
I came across from a private YahooGroups regarding one more educational scholarship philanthropist. The details are here under:
17 North St,
Telephone : 91-452-2640678
- The candidate must be minimum at high school level.
- Only for poor and econonimically challenged candidates, the scholarship is given. The annual family income must be less than 38000 INR (Indian Rupees) in urban areas and 26000 INR (Indian Rupees) in rural areas.
- The scholarship is given by North South Foundation of United States of America. Your may visit NSF Website from here.
- The scholarship mostly covers upto 100 per cent of the tuition expenses and normally comes to the tune of five to ten thousand rupees per year.
- If called for an Interview, fifty per cent of the travel cost would be reimbursed.