Tuesday, August 15, 2006

60th Indian Independence Day

60th Indian Independence Day

Amidst a lot of tensions from within and sourced from external terrorists and anti-national forces, it is a great pleasurable and joyous moment for each and every citizen of this great nation (India) to celebrate with greater levels of enthusiasm our 60th Independence day from foriegn clutches. It is true that we have a lot of ardous ordeals that are being encountered; a lot of separations and difference of opinions but there is one fine blend of relationship that runs as a strong undercurrent that keeps us knit together -- the passionate thought of being the child of Mother India.

As like other Independence day celebrations, each of the states have their own Independence day celebrations and the Apex central government representatives hoisting the flag in Red Fort, New Delhi. The greatest source of inspiration for this Independence day is the seven-point oath that has been administered to youth by our President Hon'ble Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam. I would like to have a brief mention about these for the welfare of the youth. (Source courtesy: India eNews)

‘Only in an environment of stable peace can the nation concentrate on social and economic development. Now, I would like to administer a seven-point oath to the youth of the nation,’ the President said.

  1. I realise that I have to set a goal in my life. To achieve the goal, I will acquire the knowledge, I will work hard and when the problem occurs, I have to defeath the problem and succeed.
  2. As a youth of my nation, I will work and work with courage to achieve success in all my tasks and enjoy the success of others.
  3. I shall keep myself, my home, my surroundings, neighborhood and environment clean and tidy.
  4. I realise that righteousness in the heart leads to beauty in the character, beauty in the character brings harmony at home, harmony at home leads to order in the nation and order in the nation leads to peace in the world.
  5. I will lead an honest life free from all corruption and will set an example to others to adopt a righteous way of life.
  6. I will light the lamp of knowledge in the nation and ensure that it remains lit forever.
  7. I realise whatever work I do if I do the best, I am contributing towards realising the Mission of Developed India before 2020.

Let us swear the adopt this as our Independence Day resolutions and begin to align ourselves with utmost honesty true to our self.

No comments: