Sunday, August 13, 2006

Trip to Thirumullaivoil

Trip to Thirumullaivoil

As a followup to the regular Aadi Month temple visits, I started from my workplace at about 0400 PM to CMBT (Chennai Mofussil Bus Terminus). Initially the plans were either Thiruverkadu or Thirumullaivoil. The initial decision the previous day (Saturday) was to go to Thiruverkadu but the phenomenal crowd at CMBT, I thought not to venture into the crowd for security reasons like abundant pocket pickers would be found in the buses.

As I got down in CMBT, I left to the Lord as to decide whether Thirumullaivoil or Thiruverkadu. Whoosh.... A direct bus bound from CMBT to Thirumullaivoil just brushed across and stopped near me. It was a divine and instant answer and I took the bus and it was about 40 minutes journey through Ambattur Industrial estate to Thirumullaivoil. As I got down at Thirumullaivoil, there was a small confusion. All I know was the 'Kodiyudai Amman' (the name of the Lordess) and there were plenty of temples over there. Now the fun is how to locate the temple I am looking at. Again, my mind went to seek the emergency response to my friend 'Saranam Ayyappa'. Just entered the hotel and took some tiffin first to charge for the search. And interestingly when I asked the hotel while paying the bill, he guided me to all the important temples over there. Three main temples down the lane in one shot we can worship alongside small temple shrines. They are:

  1. Kodiyudai Temple
  2. Pachai Amman Temple
  3. Ayyappa Temple

And the temple at Pachai Amman, it was really a great temple with village style big idols at the entrance. It has been put in the temple history that Lordess Parvathi had been penancing for Lord Shiva here. There were prasadam distribution too. The next important temple was my friend (Ayyappa Temple). It was a small one albeit in a very similar style like Sabarimala.

I have a brief coverage of Kodiyudai temple in my personal webpage in Siva Temples (Thondai) Region. After worshipping a while in all the temples, at about 7 PM, I started back to Tambaram (South West Chennai) from Avadi - Thirumullaivoil (North West Chennai).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank u mr vasudeva,

there are three more GODESS PACHAIAMMMAN temples in and arround madras
1.In mount road, madras
2.IN MINJUR
3 in kovardana giri near avadi
Of all the temple situvated in VAZHAI PANTHALnear vellore is very ancient temple
thank you
Adiyaen sureshmadhavan

Anonymous said...

My dad tells me that this is the temple of our family deity! All I remember are the imposing idols from when I was kid!

I did a quick search and found some history on the temple. Hope you find it useful!

http://chennaionline.com/HotelsandTours/Placesofworship/2007/05temple173.asp

Mohan

bharanitharan said...

Hello, My Dear Brother Mohan sir. I would like to contact you soon regarding this pachai amman temple. If needed and if you permit me to contact you and your parents , i wil talk to you and your family members.Immeidately.my email id is
noamchomsky@rediffmail.com
dr.m.bharanitharan from pollachi.
assitant Professor