Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Novel Travel from Camp Road to Ekkaduthangal Today

Novel Travel from Camp Road to Ekkaduthangal Today

Today as I started to commute to my workplace and the moment I reached the bus stand, I saw B51 coming. Sometime back, you remember we were discussing about B51 too over here. Recently B51 route has changed. No longer the bus takes Madipakkam and Velacherry. It reaches upto Adambakkam junction and then takes a detour through Nanganallur Thillai Ganga Nagar to reach Kathipara via Cement Road.

I would say that B51 is always like a voyager bus. The route it takes is always unique. Even in its previous avatar, while its counterparts had the usual boring route of Velacherry Pallikaranai Medawalkam, this guy had the privilege of taking Medawalkam Koot Road, Kovilambakkam, Madippakkam and Velacherry Bypass. Now even the sick slow and slushy Madippakkam and Velacherry are no more for this fellow. He takes the royal religious and robust route through Nanganallur. There were big hallabaloos cum hues and cries in 'The Hindu' regarding sudden change of bus route for B51. But I would say that this has greatly improved the journey time for the bus. Perhaps I would suggest MTC to continue on this new route and if at all the earlier route commuters need a to route, MTC can consider increasing the frequencies of other routes like M11, 51S etc.

Well! That discusses about the route. I like the new route since it touches two unique places of pride.
  1. Madippakkam Bus Stand (for the proximity to my Ayyappa Temple)
  2. Nanganallur Route (Nanganallur is very holy place since it has Viswaroopa Hanuman, Raja Rajeswari Temple, MMTC Colony Sri Navaneetha Krishna Lakshmi Narasimha Temple).
    The TCP Fame Astrologer (Arikesanallur Venkataraman) recommends very many temples from Nanganallur very often.

While getting down at Asarkana bus stop near Kathipara, the bus conductor told me that I could prefer getting down at Kathipara junction since anyway the traffic signals were heavy. But I think my Lord did'nt want me to take luxuries. The bus developed some unprecedented and unforeseen technical snag all of a sudden and hence we had to get down. I chose to walk off the five minute long passage to my workplace.

While I was walking along, I was virtually in the Sabarimala route and all songs of Sabarimala were flashing through my mind.When near my workplace my mind was automatically humming the Padip Pattu and when it was humming the 'Pathinettam Padi ...', I just entered the premises. Anyway, I do have my Ayyappa in my desktop too (and of course, my little friend is in heart too. :))

No comments: