Sunday, December 03, 2006

Hotel Saravana Bhavan -- Enchanting Food Empire

Hotel Saravana Bhavan -- Enchanting Food Empire

This weekend, Hotel Saravana Bhavan (HSB) seems to be my favorite haunt elsewhere and here in Chennai. Yesterday before starting off to Mahalingapuram Ayyappan temple in the evening, I had a chance to peep into the new air-conditioned restaurant of HSB. It was well-maintained and the food was served with a good ambience. Sometime last week, I was also looking out for the telephone number of Hotel Saravana Bhavan but could not immediately get it. Well! We somehow managed to get it via 1947 Helpline directory services too.

While paying the bills yesterday, we got the following quick reach telephone numbers of HSB, which I would like to share with the readers too.

  1. Dial-O-Dine -> 1 901 425 5577 (This I guess is a toll number only but all-India. This number is reachable, I guess, only on BSNL/MTNL telephone lines).
  2. The rest of the branch numbers are available in thier website.

The food served is really relishing and also is served clean and pure. Of course, I admit that HSB is relatively expensive but they try maintaining the quality of the food served at higher levels. HSB is also very good in thier very friendly advertisements. They don't show very pompous and obscene advertisements. A friendly wedding advertisement and a melodious music adds a big plus for them. The line in their ad song ("Ullam Kollai Poguthe. Hotel Saravana Bhavan suvaiyilae") better reflects the slogon on the website ("Mouthwatering Website"). The actual meaning of the word is "You (Hotel Saravana Bhavan) enthrall us with the mouth-watering dishes".

Since currently I am in Sabaraimala vratham, I need to be extra careful with respect to the food that is being taken. Since by virtue of the fact that Saravana Bhavan is at my vicinity, I personally feel that the food is from safe hands. HSB Managament is very religious concern too. Any HSB branch, you can see the pictures of Lord Muruga and Thirumuruga Kripananda Variyar. We need to humbly appreciate them for the Kripananda Variar website sponsor too. Even HSB management sponsors for orphanages on holy festivals like 'Krithigai' etc.

With its wings spread across the globe, I don't think we are away from the homely Tamil dishes wherever we are. Even for employees, I think Hotel Saravana Bhavan is very friendly. You can check out Mali's weblog on Hotel Saravana Bhavan to get a glimpse of the same.

Let us wish them all success and further growth and try to best use their services.

No comments: