"VAT" Symposium in Chennai
Introduction of Value Added Tax has brought in mixed emotions in Tamil Nadu. Already VAT is in practice by many states and still a handful of them are resisting introduction of them into their realms. In this context, Dinamalar.com has been kind enough to organize a symposium on VAT today (7th January 2007) in two places at different places chaired by eminent financial experts to answer any doubts and questions that are plaguing the minds of businessmen and common people. The entry is free. Here are the details I have compiled about the symposium.
Date: 7th January 2007
Time and Venue:
- Kalaivanar Arangam,
Triplicane, Chennai -- 600 005. Tamil Nadu. INDIA.
1000 to 1200 hours
- Balaji Mahal,
Near Chromet Bus Stand,
Chromepet, Chennai -- 600 044. Tamil Nadu. INDIA.
- R. L. Mani (Advocate, Chennai High Court)
- G. Sekar (Auditor, Chennai)
Organizer: S. Rajath (Tax Consultant and Press Reporter)
Broad Topics of Discussion:
- What is VAT?
- Does the concessions for 'C' form continue?
- How to get tax concessions for 'Closing Stock'?
- Is there any tax concessions for imports from other states?
- Any special tax rebates in VAT which were not there in earlier (abolished) Sales Tax?
- Is there any ready-reckoner of VAT for each and every product?
- Would sales bill or billing format change?
- What are the benefits for exporters under VAT?
- What is 'Zero Related Tax'?
- Does VAT contribute to increase in revenue for government exchequer?
- Does VAT benefit retail or Small Merchant Establishments?
- Does the 0.5% surcharge apply to merchants under 50000 INR cover?
Entry to the venue is on first-come-first-served basis. Let us strive and make use of this comprehensive symposium?