Intensive workshop on Works Contract Act & CST ( including recent Budget Changes )
A one day Workshop on Works Contract Provisions under VAT & CST Acts(including Recent Budget changes in the CST Act ) . An exclusive program designed specially for those Executives connected with Works Contract transactions of their Companies . The Program covers Basic concepts of Works Contracts , Interstate Works Contracts , VAT Credits for WC, Specific cases of WC like AMCs, Construction Contracts etc. A must program for All Contractors , with the known expert in the field
SESSION 1 (9:30 AM- 11:00 AM)
- What is Works Contract?
- What is Deemed Sale?
- Definition of Works Contact under MVAT Act.
- Basic Concepts of Levy of Works Contract.
- Divisible & Indivisible Works Contracts.
11:00 AM- 11:30 AM Tea Break
SESSION 2 (11:30 AM- 1:00 PM)
- Provisions of MVAT Act & Rules for Works Contract.
- The 3 Options namely Actual Deduction, Standard Deduction & Composition.
- Practical Illustrations for all the three options and the Best Option.
- Availability VAT Credit to both Contractor and the Contractee .
- The provision of TDS.
- Transaction between Main & Sub Contractor.
- Legal provisions and documentation.
1:00 PM- 2:00 PM- Lunch Break
SESSION 3 (2:00 PM- 3:30 PM)
- The Interstate Works Contract .
- The Amendment to the CST Act .
- The billing , documentation aspects .
- The concrete Illustrations of interstate Works Contract .
- Strategies by the Contractors .
- Certain Specific Contracts and calculations of VAT ( WC ) and Service Tax
3:30 PM- 3:45 PM Tea Break
SESSION -4 (3:45 PM- 5:15 PM)
- The Central Sales tax provisions ( including recent Budget Changes )& Works Contracts namely High Seas Sales ,
- Sale in Transit ( E-I sale ) .
- The specific clauses in the various Agreements of Works Contracts.
- Comparative study between Works Contract provisions of certain important states .
- Question Answers.
Rs. 4,950 +12.24 % Service Tax (Service Tax No- AADPB6346D ST001) . The fee is per participant which includes lunch, tea, course material etc. Kindly register your name by sending cheques drawn in favour of Princeton Academy Mumbai.
Clarifications and Further details
Mr. S.M. Kulkarni
- Head (Corporate Sales Tax) Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
- 28 years of rich experience in corporate management in the Sales Tax function dealing with Sales Tax department and all India Sales Tax functions for his company.
- In-charge of VAT implementation in Mahindra & Mahindra since the introduction of the scheme in Maharashtra, 6 years back.
- Chairman indirect taxation committee of Bombay Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Eminent faculty on VAT, Sales Tax and Service Tax
Princeton Academy Mumbai II
502 Shalimar Morya Park,
Andheri Link Road,
Tel- +912266976892, 74.
Information Courtesy: Princeton Academy Information Mailer