Wednesday, October 01, 2008

A Quick Recall of My School Prayer

A Quick Recall of My School Prayer

For some reason, today my mind was encircling around to about fifteen years back to my school days. Perhaps, typically after I posted this 'Gandhi Jayanthi Celebrations' post. And just whilst casually browsing the Internet, I came across a 'Sahanavavathu Prayer' audio uploaded by N.V. Raghuram of Yoga Institute, Bangalore. This used to be our morning prayer in the school.

The lyrics of the prayer goes like this:

Ohm! Sahana Vavathu. Sahana Bhunakthu
Saha Veeryam Karawavahai
Tejasvinaavadithamathu
Maa Vidvishavahai

Ohm! Shanthi! Shanthi!! Shanthi:


The meaning of this prayer would be:

Together may we be protected
Together may we be nourished
Together may we work with great energy
May our journey together be brilliant and effective
May there be no bad feelings between us
Peace, peace, peace

I think this comes in close association with our 'Gandhi Jayanthi Celebrations' post as a typical companion. I would like thank Yoga Institute for sharing the video and I am embedding the video play widget for the convenient listening of all readers.

No comments: