Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sify webmail powered by Google Appliances ...

Sify webmail powered by Google Appliances ...

After a long gap, when I casually surfed on to Sify, I just observed that they have configured Sify Webmail to use Google Appliance. Now you can get the full advantage of Google Mail services through your Sify account. Even the advertisements that Google Ads displays on the webpage are actually Indian advertisements like Naukri.com.

In this juncture, I would like to recall that when it all started around in 1999 (just after my graduation), the Sify was known as Satyamonline. They slowly transitioned it as Sify. Interestingly, Infosys too started its website alias as http://www.infy.com/. For those who are curious, the trade symbol in stock exchange for Infosys is Infy. I remember, Sify during its Satyamonline era was powered by Critical Path. After that they supposedly had their own indigenous web mail solution powered by PHP. The latest in their evolution is transition to Google Appliances.

In this context, I would also like to relate my other post in LavanyaDeepak 2.0 which states about a service provider change for another webmail.

No comments: