I wanted to share this tri-faceted sinister attitude observed with many people in Chennai (individuals and organizations too) and I really like to shun those base groups. The attitude of observation is as follows:
- Making the process of reaching our objective (goal) slower either by discouraging us. If they have power and potential, then they unwarrantedly procrastinate.
- As the deliverable gets delayed, naturally a state of tension or anxiety grips on us to explore other options as contingency plans.
- They make the most of the situation and loot us in every (other) possibility.
Some examples of this attitude are:
- Airtel and other private ISPs promise good Internet Connection. But after sometimes, even loading of Google Homepage becomes slow. Since we become so dependant on it, they would try selling a higher bandwidth package.
- Small organizations have base middle managers who deny-delay career prospects to good people and when the latter suspects a foul play, they resort to all sorts of gimmicks in exploiting them.