Blood donation is a very noble deed as it saves some one's life. I recieved one email article containing various do's and donts on Blood Donation which I just thought I would share it out with others here:
- You are between age group of 18-60 years.
- Your weight is 45 kilograms or more.
- Your hemoglobin is 12.5 gm% minimum.
- Your last blood donation was 3 months earlier.
- You are healthy and have not suffered from malaria, typhoid or other transmissible disease in the recent past.
- You have eaten a low fat healthy diet few hours before donating blood
- You have suffered from cold / fever in the past 1 week.
- You are under treatment with antibiotics or any other medication.
- You had undergone a major surgery in the last 6 months.
- You had taken any vaccination in the last 24 hours.
- You had a miscarriage in the last 6 months or have been pregnant / lactating in the last one year.
- You had fainting attacks during last donation.
- You have regularly received treatment with blood products.
- You shared a needle to inject drugs/ have history of drug addiction.
- You consumed alcohol in the last 24 hours.
- You suffered dengue, chicken pox or typhoid in the last 2 years