You can see the following quotation spread across a lot of business establishments in this part of India (Tamil Nadu) in Tamil:
'நிறைகளை நண்பர்களிடம் சொல்லுங்கள், குறைகளை எங்களிடம் சொல்லுங்கள்'. The exact verbatim English translation has already been done as the caption of this post. This effectively achieves the following:
- Avoids the unwanted back-talking against the business or service which shoos-shoos the potential customers of them and discourages them from thinking positively and progressively.
- When you talk face-to-face their negatives, an honest person takes it in the right direction and makes a good humble endeavor to improve their workings. I don't care about the coward who wants to 'escape' from health comments/criticisms and I don't think we have any space to talk about them or time to think about such skunks.
- There is also a related benefit or saying in Tamil that 'ஊரார் பிள்ளையை ஊட்டி வளர்த்தால் தன் பிள்ளை தானே வளரும்'. It means that when you help others to grow in a positive way overcoming their shortcomings it would indirectly benefit our posterity and everyone would try to help our lineage too.
- A lot of business establishments outsource their office work to low profile direct sales agencies who involve in unethical telemarketing even to the extent of violating the telemarketing norms of the country. We can make a humble endeavor to point them and bring this to book thus de-weeding such organizations from the parasites.
- We do surf a lot of websites and when we think such websites/web applications can be improved, it does not harm to share out the views so that the webmasters/design/development team would also do some brainstorming on the thought and if found feasible they would try to incorporate them into future releases of the website.