Someone wrote me an email a few minutes back on what exactly the cops in India are upto when there is so much workplace harassment of women? This is really a very broad question. Not to involve in a much of chagrin but just thought would share a few things that our cops are really 'busy' with and which makes them to shriek their moral responsibilities.
Disclaimer: All the bullet points below are sourced from various websites in Internet except for point number (3) which has a vouching of real incidents from me.
- Attend to the household chores of their supervisors like buying vegetables, making their dishes, taking their dog for a walk and accompanying their kids to the schools. [Courtesy: Pokkiri movie]
- From dawn block traffic for that stupid VIP who is going to cross the stretch only around dusk. [Courtesy: Vivek Comedy from an unknown Tamil film]
- The cops can be easily purchased by affluent persons. [Courtesy: My own encounter with an unscrupulous middle manager in my previous organization and Palani movie]
- Involve in bargaining of petty cases making a good sizeable booty.
- Framing false cases against the innocent for the sake of filling the FIR books and when confronted challenging that 'for the sake of money can even trade the wife' [Courtesy: Sura movie]
- Going by their own whims and fancies and when challenged by some one in public to arrogantly reply "Are you challenging the police itself?" [Courtesy: Sura movie]
Only because of these the sight of police stations in India always have a gloomy look because of prevailing negative waves. [Source: SSRF]