Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Third-party Matrimony/Career Services

This is an off-shoot of the latest telemarketing tremor that was unleashed by a few jerks and which I have narrated here. I have this quick thought. Not sure how many people really have passion and patronage for the following types of services:


  1. Matrimonial websites
  2. Career websites (commonly known as job sites)
In matrimony website you are tying yourself in a all-life relationship with someone you can trust. I am not sure how come an unknown third party could help you out through the use of electronic payments. A good matrimonial relation ought get decided through relatives, friends, trusted and known circles. Similarly recruitments and applications should go through the organization's official website and/or referrals rather than through beguile third party jobsites. 

At least considering the amount of all-pervading security risks these days I don't think it is viable to depend on these type of third party websites. Matrimony websites (be it pan-India fame Bharatmatrimony or the down the street Inmatch.com has never impressed me. For that matter, I hate Orkut for its crappy (s)craps of all kinds and creed. Considering job websites the amount of junk calls it elicits after the resume figures out there and filling up emailboxes with junk emails makes me feel scary in using them. 

My system's categorization of the above category websites even when I deliberately navigate are the following: (Yes. I run Squid Cache ACL Proxy Server in my personal desktop too for security reasons)

ERROR The requested URL could not be retrieved 

While trying to retrieve the URL:
 
The following error was encountered: 
 
Access Denied. 

Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your administrator if you feel this is incorrect. 

Your cache administrator is webmaster. 

Generated Wed, 29 Aug 2007 16:40:50 GMT by sentinal 
(squid/2.5.STABLE12)

No comments: