Governance by Appetite and Apathy ЁЯН╜️⚖️

 Governance by Appetite and Apathy ЁЯН╜️⚖️

When the onion prices soared and the famous remark echoed, “I do not care because I do not eat onions,” it wasn’t just a passing comment — it was a template. It revealed a template of how personal circumstance is masqueraded as public policy logic. Let us imagine how this logic would naturally extend to other pressing issues:
1. Sugar Price Hike
  • Citizen concern: Rising sugar costs heavily affect household budgets across the nation.
  • Ministerial response: “I do not care because I am diabetic.”
  • The Bitter Truth: Governance is reduced to medical charts, while the public bears the bitter taste of inflation.
2. Skyrocketing Spice Prices ЁЯМ╢️
  • Citizen concern: The soaring cost of essential spices like cumin, coriander, and chili makes everyday meals unaffordable.
  • Ministerial response: “I do not care because my chef only cooks bland, continental food.”
  • The Bitter Truth: Flavor and culture are treated as luxury items, while the citizen’s kitchen is stripped of its basic zest.
3. Temple Removal Controversy
  • Citizen concern: Illegal attempts to remove local temples, sparking deep community anger and disharmony.
  • Ministerial response: “I do not care because I do not worship there.”
  • The Bitter Truth: Faith is treated as an optional policy, and community harmony is dismissed as irrelevant.
4. The Exam Row
  • Citizen concern: Lakhs of hard-working students struggle with systemic flaws and leaks in national entrance exams.
  • Ministerial response: “I do not care because my children study abroad.”
  • The Bitter Truth: Elitist detachment peaks when personal privilege becomes the excuse for ignoring domestic crises.

The Satirical Verdict ⚖️
This is not governance; this is personal preference theatre. When leaders respond to public crises with the logic of “I don’t eat onions, I’m diabetic, I eat bland food, or my kids study abroad,” they are essentially saying: “If it doesn’t affect me, it doesn’t matter.”
But true governance is never about the minister’s plate, faith, or family. It is about the collective table of society, where every single citizen’s hunger, belief, and aspiration must be served.
If 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 48-Day Ayyappa Vratham: A Personal Guide to Spiritual Alignment

Sloka of Spiritual Compassion: Arindhum Ariyamalum

Nemili Bala Tripura Sundari Peetam: Where the Divine Dwells as a Child