Shirdi Sai Baba Darshan
During my routine temple trip yesterday, I got a pamplet that was being distributed in the temple. It was highlighting about tours to important pilgrimage destionations like Shirdi, Pandaripur, Mantralayam etc. I called the number and they gave me more info too. They were glad when I told them if I could share across to other readers as well. Here are the details of the tour.
Disclaimer: The details are being published as a humble service to interested pilgrims and devotees. I do not vouch for any claims. I am also not associated with the advertiser. You are advised to cross-check with the advertiser regarding the details yourself.
Tour: Shirdi Sai Baba Darshan
Organized and Managed By: Indian Railways Bharat Darshan Tourist Train (Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corpn.)
The tour tries to address a direct tourist train from Chennai Egmore to Shirdi, Kopergaon. Alongside, they have also planned to cover Mantralayam and Pandaripur.
Tour duration: 6 days
Departure: 20 June, 2007
Tour Tariff: INR 3145 (The pamplet says this includes train fare, food, accomodation and local sight-seeing).
- The travel organizers seems to have booked the entire train for only this tour.
- The train comprises of seven coaches with pantry car.
- Tourist buses and coaches have been arranged for in sight-seeing spots.
- Night stay accomodation means Dormitory accomodation.
- Each coach has been fixed with audio systems for religious discourses during travel/transits.
Travel Times (India) Pvt Ltd,
11, Club House Road,
(Opposite Spencer Plaza),
Chennai -- 600 002.
Telephone: 914428461131, 914428461113
20 June 2007
Departure from Egmore, Chennai at 0700 hours (Train Journey)
21 June 2007
- Arrival at Kopergaon and Proceed to Shirdi. (1700 hours)
- Shirdi Baba Darshan.
- Night Stay: Chavadi
22 June 2007
- Attend Kakad Arthi
- Visit Holy Neem Tree
- Baba Darshan
- Departure from Kopergaon at 2300 hours (Train Journey)
23 June 2007
- Arrival at Sholapur (0800 hours)
- Visit Pandaripuram [Pandaripuram bus fare has been stipulated at INR 300 extra]
- Pandurangan Darshan
- Departure from Sholapur at 2145 hours
24 June 2007
- Arrival at Mantralayam (1000 hours)
- Raghavendra Darshan
- Departure from Mantralayam at 2200 hours (Train Journey)
25 June 2007
Arrival in Chennai at 1000 hours.
I hope the above information would be useful for interested pilgrims and devotees.